Panchayat Raj of India 👪👪
Panchayat Raj of India is the most important topic in the Country of India. India has a Unitary plus Federal structure in it. Also, its Constitution is not rigid nor flexible.
Panchayat Raj of India was firstly introduced by British Viceory General Lord Ripon.
Especially in today’s Rajasthan Panchayat Raj was strongly formed in Jodhpur, Udaipur, and Jaipur.
Andhra Pradesh was 2nd State while Maharashtra was 9th State.
Before establishing the Panchayat Raj of India long after, in 1992, there were many committees formed to make a blueprint to plan how it will work.
|Committees made for Panchayat Raj|
Following are the name of the committee and the year when they were formed:- ✔✔
1) Balwant Rai Mehta:- 1959
2) V.T.Krishnamachari:- 1960
3) Takhatmal Jain Study Group:- 1966
4) Ashok Mehta Committee:- 1978
5) G.V.K Rao Committee:- 1985
6) L.M.Singhvi Committee :- 1986
7) P.K.Thungon Committee:- 1989
8) S.Mohinder Singh:- 2013
Today we will discuss some of the main committees and the main features that gave the idea for India’s Best Future.
It was made in the year Jan 1957 and submitted it’s reported in Dec 1957. The recommendation made was:-
1) There should be a 3-tier system. Gram Panchayat at the village level, Panchayat Samiti at Block level, and Zilla Parishad at District Level.
2) It also suggested that gram panchayat be elected by the people. Also, Zilla Parishad / panchayat Samiti to be appointed.
3) DC should be made Chairman.
4) Panchayat should be executive while ZP should be an advisory and supervisory body.
2) Ashok Mehta Committee:-
1) It was made in the year Dec 1977 and submitted it’s reported in Aug 1978.
2) It said to have 2- tier system.
3) Reservation for SCs and STs.
4) Ministers should be made in the State Council of Ministers to look at all work of it.
5) In the case of Supersession, in 6 months elections should be held.
6) The regular audit should be done to know all analytics and Statistics.
3) G.V.K Rao Committee:-
It was made in 1985. Its main recommendation was to make District the Supreme and DDC ( District Development Commission) post to create.
In 3 – tier system the District should be given total authority to handle it.
4) L.M.Singhi Committee:-
1) It was made in 1986.
2) Village Panchayat should get financial resources.
3) Gram Shabha’s importance was given.
4) Panchayat Raj should be constitutionally recognized, protected, and preserved.
5) Thungson Committee:-
1) It was made in 1988 and SCs, STs, and women were given reservations.
2) Panchayat Raj would have a duration of 5 years.
3) 3- tier system also recommended here.
4) The maximum Supersession period was of 6 months.
5) DC should be CEO of Zilla Parishad
6) Gadgil Committee:-
1) It was made in the year 1988.
2) It recommends the establishment of State finance Commission for funds
3) Establishment of State Election commission for conduction of Elections
4) Members should be elected directly
5) Reservation to every section of Society
In 1989 Rajiv Gandhi government brought the bill which was passed in Lokshaba but not in Rajya Sabha.
It is not applied to some expected areas such as Hilly areas of Jammu and Kashmir, Mizoram, Meghalaya, and Nagaland.
Salient Features:- ❤😎
1) Reservation to SC and ST
2) 1/3 reservation to Women
3) Gram Shabha should be held
4) Those who want to the held election must be above 21
5) Establishment of State Elections commission for elections.
Some other provision:-
States have given taxation powers to Village Panchayat.
If Other Backwards Class demand then OBC should get a reservation.
Panchayat Raj is in the 11th schedule of Part 9 and Article 243 – 243 O.
Panchayat Raj doesn’t apply to the Darjeeling district of West Bengal.
This was all basic information about the Panchayat Raj of India which will be useful for Govt Exams. Thanks to all Students for reading it.
Panchayat Raj department in India.
Important PDF on Panchayat Raj of India