Maharashtra is a state at Western Side located at Deccan Plateau. Maharashtra is 2nd most populous (11.23 cr 2011 census) and 3rd largest state( 3,07,713 km sq) in India.
Maharashtra has dimensions 15’8″ North to 22’1″ North and 72’6″ East to 80’9″ East. Maharashtra East-West distance is 800 km and North-South is 720 km.
Administrative divisions of Maharashtra
Maharashtra is divided into 6 divisions
Know about Blogging and Digital Marketing
Also known as No.1 State of India & Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s Land.
Basic Information of Maharashtra
- Formation Day:- 1 May 1960.
- Capital:- Mumbai
- Taluka:- 355
- Cities:- 535
- Village:- 63663
- Language:- Marathi
- Density:- 370 km sq
- HDI :- 0.695
- Sex Ratio :- 929 / 1000
- Literacy :- 82.34 %
Symbols of Maharashtra.
- Mammal:- Indian Giant Squirrel
- Bird:- Yellow-footed green pigeon
- Insect:- Blue Mormon
- Flower:- Jarul
- Tree:- Mango Tree
Economy of Maharashtra
- GDP:- 28 lakh Crore
- Per Capita:- 207727
It gives about 15 % of GDP to India. The service sector gives 68% appro economy to State. Maharashtra has 25 % of Industrial Output.
Pune also is known as the IT hub has about 500 imp companies and gives 28% software export in India. Important institutes such as RbI, Nse, Bse, Sebi are located in Mumbai.
Rivers of Maharashtra.
- Godavari and Krishna
- Other rivers
- Narmada, Tapi, and Bhima also flow through State.
History of Maharashtra
Maharashtra was ruled by the Satavahana Dynasty, Rashtrakuta Dynasty, Western Chalukyas, Deccan Sultanes, Mughals, Maratha Warriors, and than Britishers.
Maratha dominated the state from the 1650s to the 1820s.
India contains no more than two great powers, British and Maratha, and every other state acknowledges the influence of one or the other. Every inch that we recede will be occupied by them.
— Charles Metcalfe, one of the ablest of the British Officials in India and later acting Governor-General, wrote in 1806
Religions of Maharashtra
- Hindu:- 80%
- Muslim :- 11.5%
- Buddhist:- 5.8 %
- Others:- 2.5%
Tourism gives good GDP to Maharashtra where people come from nearby States Gujrat, Karnataka, Telangana as Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj 350+ forts are there.
Famous Personality of Maharashtra
- Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj
- Chatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj
- Lokmanya Tilak
- Jyotiba Phule
- Shahu Maharaj
Politician of Maharashtra
- Yashwantrao Chavan
- Vasantdada Patil
- Vasantrao Naik
- Shankarrao Chavan
- Balasaheb Thakare
- Sharad Pawar
- Bicameral Legislative Council:- 78
- Legislative Assembly:- 288
- Rajya Sabha:- 19
- Lokshaba:- 48
Forests of Maharashtra
Maharashtra has a 67000 sq km area under the forest in which only 50% of the forest lies in Gadchiroli dist.
National Parks in Maharashtra
1) Tadoba National Park:- Chandrapur
2) Navegaon National Park:- Gondia
3) Gugamal National Park:- Amravati
4) Sanjay Gandhi:- Borivali
5) Pench National Park:- Nagpur
6) Chandoli National Park:- Satara, Sangli, Kolhapur
Some other facts of Maharashtra
- The major soil of Maharashtra is Black Soil and major crops are Cotton and Sugarcane.
- In fruits, Sindhudurg and Ratnagiri have the best production.
- Maharashtra has most no of National Highways about 4200 km and State roads up to 3700 km.
- The first passenger train in India was from Bombay to Thane on 16 April 1853.
- The two principal seaports, Mumbai Port and Jawaharlal Nehru Port, which is also in the Mumbai region, are under the control and supervision of the government of India.
- There about 6 International airports in Maharashtra. There are around 48 minor ports in Maharashtra.
Maharashtra has a tropical Climate in 3 seasons
- Summer (March-May)
- Monsoon (June – September)
- Winter (October-February)
Education and health of Maharashtra
- Maharashtra has 24 universities with 1,60,000 graduates every year.
- Maharashtra has a life expectancy at the birth rate of 67.2 years in 2011, ranking it third among all Indian states. The total fertility rate of the state is 1.9.
- The Infant mortality rate is 28 and the maternal mortality ratio is 104 (2012–2013), which is lower than the national averages.
Films and Sports of Maharashtra
Maharashtra has Bollywood and Marathi Film Industry located in Mumbai. The great actor Rajnikant ( Shivaji Rao Gaikwad) has ancestors from Maharashtra. More than 200 newspaper is published in Maharashtra.
The most popular sports are kabaddi and Cricket. The great player Sachin Tendulkar is from Maharashtra.
Jay Maharashtra 🚩🚩